Client Pain Points With VAT
Even though VAT is a very common tax, it can at times be a complex one to deal with. Especially for smaller businesses.
Being VAT registered adds another level of complexity for businesses. It has a compliance burden on them but can also disrupt their cashflow.
VAT compliance and good bookkeeping go hand in hand. You cannot have one without the other.
Errors in VAT compliance can be costly for businesses.
If you have any problems regarding VAT get in touch we will be more than happy to discuss with you the best way forward for your business.
Some of the VAT Tasks we undertake for our Clients...
- Review rolling 12 month sales and check against VAT threshold
- Identify what sales are chargeable for VAT purposes
- Select the appropriate VAT scheme for their business
- Registering for VAT
- Issue the correct VAT invoices and paperwork to customers
- Record the correct amounts of output and input VAT in their accounting records
- Prepare, review and submit VAT returns to HMRC
- Maintain an reconcile the VAT control account
- Deal with HMRC VAT records inspections.